Personal Wellness Tips
- Keep the vaginal area clean and dry.
- Avoid using perfumed soaps or antibacterial soaps.
- It's best to use only water to clean your vaginal area as soaps can disrupt the ph balance and cause infection.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting pants or underwear.
- Avoid using deodorant pads or tampons.
- Avoid using scented toilet paper.
- Avoid douching or using feminine sprays or powders.
- Be sure your partner uses condoms when you have sex to prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Be sure to use lubricant to protect the delicate tissue from irritation.
- We encourage regular self breast exams. Your provider can teach you how.
- Schedule a yearly pelvic exam.
- If you are 40 years of age or older, schedule a yearly mammogram to screen for breast cancer.
- If you have a family history of breast or ovarian cancer, please notify you provider as screening for breast cancer should begin earlier.
"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
- Janis Joplin